CD CHO TGE Medium is a proprietary, chemically defined, animal origin-free medium specifically developed for the high-density, suspension culture and transfection of CHO cells (CHO-K1, DG44, DXB11, CHO-S, and GS CHO). Transient expression of plasmid DNA in CHO cells adapted in this medium can get high volumetric productivity of target proteins. Used with BPM BPfectin, CHO Expression MAX-1 and CD Feed CHO MAX-1 together is recommended for higher yield of protein expression.
CD CHO TGE Medium is specifically formulated for use with:
- Suspension of CHO cells (CHO-K1, DG44, DXB11, CHO-S, and GS CHO) transient expression
- Suspension culture of CHO stable cell line for protein expression
- Support suspension CHO cells (CHO-K1, DG44, DXB11, CHO-S, and GS CHO) transient expression
- >200% cell growth and expression performance compared competitive alternatives
- Prepared ready-to-use, with no supplementation required
- Protein free, animal component free, chemically define and regulatory friendly
- Extensive support by cell culture expert
- General Specification
- Usage Protocol
|Concentrated||Cell Line||Form||Serum||Endotoxin||Glutamine||Culture Type||Phenol Red|
|1X||CHO||Liquid||Serum Free||Low||Yes||Suspension Culture||Yes|
|Product Classification||Buffer system||Regulatory Statement||Shelf Life|
|Protein-Free, Chemically Defined;Serum-Free, Animal Origin-Free||Sodium Bicarbonate||For Research and Further Cell Culture Manufacturing Use Only||12 months|
|Cat. No.||Name of Product||Product Size||Storage||Shipping|
|CM-1156-11||CD CHO TGE Medium, Liquid||1000mL||at +2-8℃, in dark||Ice pack|
|CM-1156-12||CD CHO TGE Medium, Liquid||6X1000mL||at +2-8℃, in dark||Ice pack|
- Before transfection, passage CHO cells with CD CHO TGE Medium for at least 3 round from an adaptation procedure, seeding density greater than 0.5 ×106 cells/ml, cell viability >95%. Culture at 150-180 rpm depending on your orbital shaker design and single cell distribution status.
- Seed CHO cells at 0.5 ×106 cells/ml and transfer to pre-warmed fresh medium, subsequently grow the cells to 1.5 to 2.2 ×106 cells/ml.
- The day before transfection, dilute the culture with fresh medium to 0.8 to 1.0 ×106 cells/ml and cell density at transfection should range from 1.5 × 106 to 2.0 × 106 cells/ml, provided the doubling time is 24 h and viability is greater than 95%.
- On the day of transfection, using sterile 150 mM NaCl solution to dilute DNA plasmid and add CHO Expression MAX-1 (Catalog # EXP-811) according to the instruction.
Add BPfectin (Catalog # TF-1157) at ratio of 3:1 (BPfectin : DNA; volume/weight) to DNA solution mix well with vortex for 3 sec.
Note: DNA dosage for transfection is 1 ug per 1 million cells in culture, and volume of DNA-BPfectin complexes is 5%(v/v) of culture. (e.g. 500 μL to 10 mL culture).
- Incubate the complexes at RT for 10 min before transfection.
- Add DNA-BPfectin complexes to cells at 5% volume ratio mix well gently.
- 24 hours post transfection, add CD Feed CHO MAX-1 (Catalog # CF-1120) to culture at 10% volume ratio (e.g. 1 mL to 10mL culture).
- Harvest for purification typically 7 days post transfection or when cell viability drops below 55%.
|Cat. No.||Product Name||Quantity||Storage Conditions|
|CM-1156-11||CD 293 TGE Medium, 1X, Liquid||1000 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|CM-1156-12||CD 293 TGE Medium, 1X, Liquid||6 X 1000 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|CM-1256-12||CD 293 TGE Medium, 1X, Powder||50 L||2-8℃, in the dark|
|CM-1157-11||CD CHO TGE Medium, 1X, Liquid||1000 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|CM-1157-12||CD CHO TGE Medium, 1X, Liquid||6 X 1000 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|EXP-711-11||293 Expression MAX-1||1 mL||-20℃|
|EXP-811-11||CHO Expression MAX-1||1 mL||-20℃|
|CF-1116-12||Feed X Supplement||500 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|
|AC-1112-11||Anti-Clumping Additive||1 mL||2-8℃, in the dark|