This workshop will include talks and breakout sessions. Pharmaceutical experts will share their experiences and insights on the career topics students are mostly interested in.
Overview of job opportunities in pharma.
Resume screening process and key resume issues shared by HR professionals.
Critical job-seeking skills: how to read job description, build and maintain network, use job-seeking websites like LinkedIn, …
The alternative career pathways other than R&D: business development, scientific writing, consulting, regulatory affairs, intellectual property, …
Mock interviews and interviewing skills.
Working for a CRO.
Working in China versus in the US.
Visa and immigration issues.
• Jing Yang, PhD, Senior Principal Scientist, Bristol-Myers Squibb
• Valentine A. Brown, JD, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
• Robb Hoyle, CEO, GTS Recruiting
• Andrea McIntire, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CPC, Human Resources Manager, GlaxoSmithKline
• Larry Petcovic, Co-Founder, SciPhD.com
• Steve Wu, PhD, Life Sciences Consulting Associate, Charles River Associates
• Jack Wu, PhD, Head of Business Development (USA), Adlai Nortye Biopharma Co., Ltd.
• Hao Wu, PhD, Technical Specialist, Howson & Howson LLP
• Dennis M. Gross, PhD, CEO, Pennsylvania Drug Discovery Institute
• Frank Li, PhD, President, Alliance Pharma
• Andrew Reaume, PhD, MBA, President & CEO, Melior Discovery
• David Cragin, PhD, Associate Director, Chemical Notification and Registration, Merck & Co.
Registration is free, and lunch will be provided!